Konuyu Oyla:
  • Derecelendirme: 0/5 - 0 oy
Fernando Torres made the most
LONDON -- Fernando Torres made the most of a rare Chelsea start Tuesday by scoring one and setting up another in a 2-0 victory over third-tier club Swindon in the League Cup, while Manchester City and Tottenham advanced with stylish wins. Torres slotted in from close range in the 29th minute, and then wriggled through the defence six minutes later before slipping the ball through to Ramires to dink the ball into the net. "For the players who have not played in the last few matches it was good to play -- everyone is happy," Torres said. "It is one step forward." It was the Spain strikers first domestic start since the opening game of the season more than a month ago. "Hopefully Ill have more chances to play in the Premier League games," he said. Likewise for Tottenham striker Jermain Defoe after netting twice in a 4-0 victory over Aston Villa. In the other all-Premier League clashes, Evertons unbeaten start ended in a 2-1 loss at Fulham, and West Ham edged Cardiff 3-2 to reach the fourth round. All the topflight sides avoided embarrassment against lower-league opposition, Norwich winning 3-2 at Watford in extra time, Hull beating Huddersfield 1-0, Southampton overcoming Bristol City 2-0, and Sunderland ousting Peterborough by the same scoreline. Man City avenged last seasons FA Cup final loss to Wigan, by routing the second-tier side 5-0 with Stevan Jovetic scoring his first goals since joining from Fiorentina. Edin Dzeko opened the scoring the hosts by volleying into the net in the 33rd minute before Jovetic bundled in the second on the hour. Yaya Toure came off the bench to curl in a free kick from 20 yards -- his third such goal of the season -- and Jovetic netted again from close range in the 83rd after Ryan Shotton made a mess of a clearance. Jesus Navas rounded off the scoring three minutes later when he broke through and fired a low shot past goalkeeper Lee Nicholls. At Villa Park, 42-year-old American goalkeeper Brad Friedel had little to do on his return to his own club as the Tottenham attack shone. It took the visitors until the stroke of half time to go in front, with Defoe flicking a header over 21-year-old Villa goalkeeper Jed Steer after latching onto Lewis Holtbys chip. Holtby set up another four minutes into the second half, with Paulinho stabbing in his second goal in three days, having scored Tottenhams Premier League winner at Cardiff on Sunday. Winger Nacer Chadli blasted in his first goal since joining from FC Twente in the close season and Defoe wrapped up the victory in stoppage time by rounding the goalkeeper and putting the ball in the net for Tottenham. "It was another super performance from Jermain Defoe, he showed great desire," Tottenham manager Andre Villas-Boas said. "His performances have been excellent." Fulham fought back from 1-0 down to beat Everton. Darren Bent scored the winner in the 69th after Dimitar Berbatov cancelled out Steven Naismiths opener. Cardiff had staged a fightback after trailing 2-0 to West Ham before going out of the competition. The hosts lead, secured by Ravel Morrison and Matthew Jarvis, was wiped out by Craig Noone and Peter Odemwingie, but the London club recovered with Ricardo Vaz Te netting the winner. At Sunderland, two days after manager Paolo Di Canio was fired, Emanuele Giaccherini and Valentin Roberge scored in a routine victory over third-tier club Peterborough. Minkah Fitzpatrick Jersey .com) - Novak Djokovic and Roger Federer were among the third-round winners Friday at the French Open. Minkah Fitzpatrick Womens Jersey .com) - Blake Griffin led five Clippers in double figures with 24 points and the LA Clippers got back on track with a 101-97 win over the Utah Jazz. http://www.authenticdolphinspro.com/Josh...ns-jersey/ . New York then missed its next six shots and scored only two points the rest of the night. The Los Angeles Clippers defence and the Knicks general ineptitude both played a role in the unsurprising finish to a meeting of two teams headed in opposite directions. Cameron Wake Dolphins Jersey .The Hanwha Eagles said the team was impressed with Morgans contact ability and base-running skills.The 34-year-old debuted with the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2007 and hit . Nat Moore Dolphins Jersey . "I met her, I think, a week ago. We went to a Norwood hockey store and picked her out some gear.MONTREAL - Usually, David Krejci is piling up points in the post-season, but not this year. The Boston Bruins top-line centre had no goals and only three assists through the first 10 playoff games. Like Max Pacioretty on the opposing Montreal Canadiens, he is starting to feel some heat for his lack of production. "It feels like its right there," Krejci said Monday as the Bruins prepared for a crack at eliminating Montreal in Game 6 of their NHL Eastern Conference semifinal. "We have to start putting the puck in the net more often. "My linemates (Milan Lucic and Jarome Iginla) have been doing a pretty good job at it. Theyve been great for me the whole year, so I want to return the favour and try to be better for them." Krejci led the playoffs in scoring with nine goals and 26 points in 22 games a year ago, when the Bruins lost to Chicago in the Stanley Cup final. He also went on a tear when Boston won the Cup in 2011 with 23 playoff points. But while Lucic had a decent three goals and four assists and Iginla scored four times and added two helpers, little has been happening for the guy who normally is the playmaker on the top unit. Other than, as usual, winning well over half of his faceoffs. "I believe my time is about to come and Im going to be big for my team," he said. "I owe it to these guys. "I know we dont live in the past. But Ive been in the position before were I know I can be the player, so Im trying to stay positive. Go out and work hard. My teammates have been doing a good job of winning hockey games, so I believe my time is just around the corner." Second-line centre Patrice Bergeron and the third line centred by Carl Soderberg were the main offensive threats for the Bruins. Krejci hassnt been helped by the opponents Boston has faced.dddddddddddd Both Montreal and Detroit are quick, skating teams that relay more on puck pressure than physical play. Krejci has struggled against the Canadiens in the past. Coach Claude Julien wasnt surprised to hear that Krejci feels indebted to his teammates. "Hes just a character guy," said Julien. "Hes demanding of himself and hes been a good player for us all year." Krejci was the first player on the ice for their game-day skate, but said he wasnt making any point. "At this time, when youre in a little slump like I am, then you have to work on your game and Ive been trying to do that," he said. "Like I said, I owe it to these guys, so I want to come up big for them." As he did ahead of Game 4, a 1-0 overtime win for Boston at the Bell Centre, Julien played around with his lines at the skate. They were expected to be back to normal by puck-drop. The Canadiens, who skated at their practice rink in Brossard, Que., caused a stir with broad hints that rookie Nathan Beaulieu would start on defence in place of Douglas Murray. Coach Michel Therrien kept his starting lineup to himself, however. "Its been good to be around the group," said Beaulieu, who has been practising with the main group in recent days. "Playoff hockey, it doesnt get any bigger than that, and it doesnt get any bigger than Montreal." It will be the first game since the incident at the end of Game 5 in which Bruins forward Shawn Thornton squirted water from the bench onto P.K. Subbans visor. Thornton was fined by the NHL for unsportsmanlike conduct. Therrien said it may end up helping his team. "A lack of respect can sometimes serve as motivation," he said. ' ' '
Ara
Cevapla

Hızlı Menü:

Konuyu Okuyanlar: 1 Ziyaretçi